This holiday season, students from Spring Education Group schools participated in more than 160 Holiday Giving initiatives to support their local communities and learn about the importance of giving back to those in need. Through these events, students develop an understanding of how their charitable actions and donations can have a positive impact on others in their communities.
Students across the country collected thousands of items, including food, clothing, school supplies, toys and gifts, winter clothing, diapers and other essential care items, adopted families for the holidays, and more.
Highlights of the Holiday Giving initiatives included:
- 20,000 pounds of food donated to help stock the shelves of local food pantries and community food banks.
- More than $5,000 collected in donations and gift cards to help bring cheer to local children in foster homes or in the hospital.
- Over 6,000 gifts and toys donated to local organizations, such as Toys for Tots, which were distributed to children in need.
- 7,000 essential items, including clothing, socks, diapers, and more, collected to bring warmth and support local families.
- Over 80 families adopted by our schools to help make the season bright.
We are extremely proud of our students for their donations this season, and for deepening their understanding of the importance of showing kindness to others in need!